What inspires you? Ignites your creative spark? Or just simply makes you want to be a better you?
- The sky. Sunsets. Sunrises. Blue sky. Clouds. Sun. I even think fog is cool and magical.
- Quotes. I love a good quote I try to collect them but I often forget to jot them down or where I put them. On my personal blog I have a widget of some of my favorite quotes (it’s a GoodReads widget)
- Tiny Buddha. Speaking of quotes, I get one daily from Tiny Buddha. I love this site and the daily emails. Even the look of the site inspires me. Lots of great information and inspiration.
- Other photographers. I just love looking at photography. All sorts.
- The craft store. I feel like I can take on the world and I want to make every craft there is when I wander through a craft store. Here in Utah we have Roberts and Micheal’s that I love. The bead aisle is especially alluring to me. And scrapbooking. Oh, how I love all those papers and stickers and stamps. Oh my.
- Music of all kinds…from Mozart and Ravel to Norah Jones and Sara Bareilles. When I turn on good music it switches on creativity in my brain.
- Working with my hands. Whether I’m rearranging pictures on a wall (my plan for tonight) or potting herbs (my basil and mint are still alive!) it makes me want to create more, beautify more, change things up more.
- Etsy. Browsing through and shopping on etsy is something I love to do. It’s wonderful to go to one place and see a whole multitude of artists and creations. The stores I discover on Etsy give me new ideas and spark the creative juices.
- Talk. Chatting with my friends and fellow artists of all sorts, and bouncing ideas off them, always leaves me inspired.
- Where the land meets the sky. Like Thauna, I love the sky. I especially love it when it meets the land, whether it’s a field or a mountain. It’s mesmerizing and it’s something I love capturing with my camera.
Your turn. What inspires you?